SoloStorm for Android 5.0+ devices allows you to log and analyze GPS, OBD-II, Sensor and Video data all on your smartphone or tablet.
Optimized for Autocross, Hill Climb, ProSolo and Time Attack, SoloStorm gives you comprehensive insight into your overall performance while helping you go faster!
Supported Data Sources
GPS / Vehicle Data
- Bluetooth GPS Receiver
- Bluetooth OBD II Reader
- Autosport Labs RaceCapture/Pro
- Race Technology DL1 (with Bluetooth Serial Adapter)
- Racelogic VBOX Sport
Integrated Camera Support
- Garmin VIRB X/XE/Ultra 30 Wi-Fi Video Cameras (Ultra 30 most recommended)
- GoPro Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Video Cameras
- Polaroid Cube+ Wi-Fi Video Camera
- On-board Video Camera
- Note: if your favorite action camera is not listed here, remember you can always import your video into SoloStorm and CircuitStorm manually to create your overlays for sharing or export the data overlays and merge with your favorite video editor outside of SoloStorm and CircuitStorm
- Internal Accelerometer
- Internal Gyroscope (on supported devices)
- QStarz 818GT Accelerometer – NEW March 2021
- Built-in Math Channels
Supported Telemetry Services
- Designed to support fast decision making during Solo competitions.
- Jog maps, data and video using customizable widgets.
- Learn where and why you went faster with automated sectional analysis.
- Overlay video and data on the device. No more editing on a PC.
- Share logs and videos with Petrel Cloud.
- Compatible with both phones and tablets.
- Open licensing (run on as many devices as you want).
Powered by GPS
At the heart of SoloStorm is a Global Positioning System based data logger. GPS offers an excellent price point for entry into race car data logging and analytics. There are many GPS receivers available to choose from, as well as some best practices for their use. Please read our GPS for Motorsports page to familiarize yourself.
Powerful Video Processing Engine
SoloStorm allows you to combine your data and videos on your Android device. You can generate overlaid video showing a number of data channels, as well as picture-in-picture video to show an alternate view or to compare to another run or driver.
While these features are available on all supported devices, the following features are available only on devices running Android 4.3 and higher:
- Hardware accelerated video encoding and decoding – process full 1080p video over 10x faster than using software alone.
- Trimming of overlaid video to remove time spent waiting before the logger is started.
Here is an example of a video overlay created with SoloStorm:
SoloStorm allows you to use a combination of video sources, including the front or back facing internal camera, a Wi-Fi camera, as well as 2 additional auxiliary cameras that you manually control.
Petrel Cloud Integration
Purchase and additional Petrel Cloud Subscription in order to increase the amount of data that you can upload and share with SoloStorm!
What Do I Need?
You will need to supply your own Android phone or tablet. Read the Hardware Requirements.
At a minimum, you will need to purchase the SoloStorm software and a Bluetooth GPS receiver. These can be purchased as the SoloStorm GPS Package and also includes a suction cup mount for the GPS receiver.
If your vehicle is legacy OBD II compliant (1998 to 2007), then you want to add a Bluetooth OBD II reader. This is included in the SoloStorm Connectivity Package, which builds upon the GPS Package. This will allow you to log throttle position and RPM which are key for driver coaching as well as vehicle tuning.
If your vehicle is CAN OBD II compliant (2008 and newer), then consider the SoloStorm RaceCapture/Track Package. This will allow you to log OBD and other CAN bus channels at higher sample rates. On some vehicles (FRS/BRZ/GT86, for example) you can also log brake pressure and steering angle.
If you want to log values such as throttle and RPM but you don’t have an OBD II compliant vehicle, or have a standalone ECU with CAN bus support, then consider the SoloStorm Race Capture/Pro Package. This package includes a dedicated data logger with analog sensor inputs, CAN bus connectivity, internal accelerometer and gyros, and much more. You can also run brake pressure, steering, or custom sensors with this logger.
The Fine Print
Purchases by Individuals
Please note that the price currently includes all future updates and enhancements made to SoloStorm, except for deprecated versions of Android (at some point older versions of Android will no longer be supported, etc). Additionally, SoloStorm comes with a 14-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, we will refund 100% of your software purchase price. Licenses are non-transferable, however we do make exceptions in special cases.
Purchases by Groups, Schools, and Organizations
Purchase terms for use by groups, schools, and organizations are determined on a case-by-case basis. Please contact our sales team for more information.
If at some point you are wondering what features are up-and-coming, you can view the SoloStorm Product Backlog and email support if you have any questions. If you have suggestions, bug reports or feature requests, emails us – we’d love to hear from you.
If you are reinstalling SoloStorm and need a new download link, or if you misplaced your unlock code, you can request that a recovery email be sent to you.