Build 533 – Mar 9, 2023
- Added support for latest firmware on GoPro Hero 9 to 11 models.
- Fixed: Connection to Wi-Fi cameras may not be established on some devices running Android 10 and higher.
- Added a confirmation dialog when selecting Bluetooth devices in order to minimize configuration errors.
Build 529 – Mar 3, 2023
- Fixed: Exporting logs fails when event name contains file path characters and output is non-collated (one log per file).
- Increment the download counts for Petrel Cloud logs if the search screen is active when a download is completed.
- Fixed: Devices without an internal GPS can not receive broadcast events due to the requirement to enable the device location service.
- Fixed: App crashes at startup if the internal storage file system is not writeable. The user is now informed of the problem before exiting.
Build 528 – Feb 11, 2023
- Fixed: Opening the event configuration screen reverts the current event day and course side (if applicable) back to default values.
Build 526 – Feb 7, 2023
- Save the enabled analysis trace channels as part of the current settings profile, instead as part of the global settings.
- Added the ability to upload and download app settings to/from Petrel Cloud in order to share them across devices.
- Fixed: Optimal lap analysis does not filter out non-contributing logs in staged racing modes when a start marker or finish marker is set.
- Fixed: Optimal analysis may crash when selecting the final sector for analysis, and the latest log does not contribute to the optimal lap time.
- Fixed: Selected driver and current event may revert to previous values due to app settings being reloaded when not necessary.
- Fixed: Deleting or merging logs or events on newer Android versions can cause the app to crash.
- Require the device location service to be enabled in order to discover other devices that are broadcasting events.
- Added the ability to upload and download a backup of the entire database to/from Petrel Cloud.
- Fixed: Circuit timer does not load a baseline lap when using an ad-hoc circuit.
- Added the ability to delete all user-scheduled background jobs in order to allow a database backup or restoration.
Build 525 – Dec 15, 2022
- Include selected location in filtering criteria when searching for event names and user names in the cloud, in order to reduce the chance of finding zero search results.
- Automatically open the appropriate input dialog when searching for cloud logs and a sharing mode is selected.
- Fixed: Cloud event location summary is blank if Google Maps returns a blank address for the selected location.
- Fixed: Cloud event location is missing from the search criteria summary when searching for cloud logs.
- Fixed: Legacy data saved in a video job can cause the app to crash when the job is re-launched at startup.
- Improved the error message that is displayed when the same device is selected for both Logger/GPS and Vehicle Telemetry sources.
Build 524 – Nov 28, 2022
- Allow a channel format to be selected for each analog channels so that they may be displayed in the correct units.
Build 523 – Nov 15, 2022
- Fixed: Staging trigger start time will always be set to 2 seconds.
- Fixed: App may crash after it is placed in the background while analysis playback is enabled.
- Fixed: App crashes soon after startup when checking for updated circuits, due to an unstable internet connection.
Build 517 – Nov 4, 2022
- Added labels to key toolbar and map control buttons for improved usability.
- Added icons to most settings for improved usability.
Build 516 – Oct 31, 2022
- Periodically update the list of available circuits during app startup.
- Run video processing jobs in the same process as the main app in order to prevent database locks on devices with slow external SD cards.
Build 512 – Oct 24, 2022
- Display the estimated time remaining in video processing notifications.
- Fixed: Changes to circuit start trigger may not be saved.
- Verify log samples files immediately after they are saved in order to detect possible issues with device storage media.
Build 510 – Oct 11, 2022
- Fixed: Porsche Gen 2 Wi-Fi gateway gearbox temperature was not correctly converted to degrees Celsius.
- Added support for Porsche Gen 2 Wi-Fi gateway engine coolant temperature channel.
- Always display start and finish markers on the map during analysis.
- Increased maximum allowable map zoom from 5x to 10x.
- Fixed: Deleting a video may not clear the video frame from the analysis screen.
- Added labels to all floating action buttons for improved user experience.
- Removed lower start trigger speeds and time, as well as the option to only arm when the vehicle is staged. Improper use of these options caused the logger to not trigger.
- Fixed: Logs may not be saved to the correct event or assigned the correct lap number when incrementing the event day.
Build 509 – Sep 30, 2022
- Automatically remove deleted logs from the analysis view.
- Display Autocross and Pro Solo lap times in only seconds and milliseconds.
- Display '–––' when an invalid lap time is encountered.
- Ensure that the user is notified of all cloud storage errors, and that the notifications include corrective actions.
- Fixed: Team count displayed in the toolbar is not automatically updated after adding or deleting a team.
- Filter duplicate GNSS locations from the logger buffer while the vehicle is moving, because invalid data from some GNSS sources can cause problems with circuit start/finish detection.
- Added maths channels for lap number, lap time, sector number, and sector time so that they can be used by 3rd party tools that consume exported logs.
- Added support for collated exports into CSV and RaceCapture data formats when using circuit racing modes.
Build 508 – Sep 29, 2022
- Fixed: Circuit start/finish detection radius is not correctly calculated when the location exactly matches one of the supplied locations on the track map.
Build 507 – Sep 20, 2022
- CircuitStorm: Fixed Petrel Cloud transfers on Android 12 and up.
Build 507 – Sep 20, 2022
- Fixed: Inspection of some video files that contain invalid data can fail, leading to video jobs not executing.
- Display data overlay for all logs associated with a video when it covers multiple laps on a circuit.
Build 506 – Sep 12, 2022
- Fixed: Creating the database record for a downloaded video may fail if the database is locked while extracting video frames from another video.
Build 504 – Aug 31, 2022
- CircuitStorm: Fixed display of notifications on Android 12 and up.
Build 504 – Sep 9, 2022
- No longer allow the Porsche Oil Temperature channel to be mapped to an analog sensor channel. It can now only be mapped to the Oil Temperature channel.
Build 503 – Aug 14, 2022
- Fixed: No sensor channels are selectable when connecting to a RaceCapture via USB.
Build 502 – Aug 5, 2022
- Added support for direct USB connection to RaceCapture loggers on devices that can function as a USB host.
Build 501 – Jul 29, 2022
- Fixed: Updates may fail to install if downloaded to an external SD card.
- Added ability to store exported videos with different layouts (default, low profile, side by side) that do not overwrite each other.
- Added sector labels to analysis line charts.
- Highlight maximum speed for each sector in analysis line charts.
Build 500 – Jul 21, 2022
- Added a confirmation dialog when attempting to navigate away from the app while the logger is recording and the internal camera is enabled. This would otherwise result in the current log being discarded.
- Do not attempt to filter invalid GNSS data from exported logs.
- Modified logger pipeline to improve sample throughput.
Build 499 – Jul 14, 2022
- CircuitStorm: Fixed connection process for connecting to Wi-Fi networks on devices running Android 10 and above.
Build 499 – Jun 29, 2022
- Always convert RaceCapture channel values to metric for internal storage when conversion units are provided by the logger.
- Fixed: App can crash with attempting to auto-detect the start/finish detection range for certain circuits.
- Fixed: Manually downloading video from an already connected camera can cause the UI to hang until the download is completed.
- Fixed: It is possible for an event to be copied multiple times when attempting to auto-increment the event day.
- Notify the user when attempting to use the internal GPS on devices that do not contain one.
- No longer disable GoPro Bluetooth camera Wi-Fi radio when putting camera to sleep, as it can take too long for the radio to enable when attempting to connect to the camera.
- Fixed: Certain screens will be oriented per the device preference once opened, and then rotate to the desired orientation specified in the display settings.
Build 498 – Jun 28, 2022
- Fixed: Video chapter merging can fail because sample rate and channel format are not being correctly verified.
Build 497 – Jun 23, 2022
- Added recorded sample count and GNSS position validity logger channels to help detect issues with GNSS receivers.
- Added ability to export logs to the Autosport Labs RaceCapture data format for use with 3rd party analysis tools.
Build 496 – Jun 14, 2022
- Added a speed and throttle vs distance line chart.
- Added a speed and time delta vs distance line chart.
Build 495 – Jun 7, 2022
- Fixed: Unable to manually stop the lap timer if the GNSS receiver is not actively connected.
- Improved query efficiency when polling OBD II scan tools for PID values.
- No longer reset the OBD II scan tool connection when a PID query results in a NO DATA response.
- Seek to 1 second before the beginning of the selected log when playing video.
- Fixed: Merging video chapter files fails when the video camera is rotated.
- Improved layout of portrait logger and analysis toolbars.
- Added video support for devices running Intel 64 bit CPUs, such as Android emulators.
Build 493 – Jun 1, 2022
- Fixed: App crashes when connecting to RaceCapture loggers on devices running Android 6 and lower.
Build 492 – May 25, 2022
- Added the ability to delete settings profiles.
- Fixed: Some Android devices will report the connected Wi-Fi network as disabled if it does not offer an internet connection, so it will not display in the list of available networks in the app.
- Renamed storage location options for improved clarity.
- Fixed: App may crash if there is a problem writing to the GNSS debug log.
Build 491 – May 22, 2022
- Fixed: Some circuits will not have their start/finish location detected due to a dependency on the order that map locations are defined in Podium.
- Fixed: Internal camera zoom control is mistakenly displayed for Wi-Fi cameras.
- Fixed: Circuit thumbnail images are rendered as a closed loop for sprints and hill climbs.
- Fixed: Queuing multiple video overlay jobs will cause subsequent jobs to fail.
Build 489 – May 6, 2022
- Fixed: Event browser hangs until free storage space is calculated.
- Discard video jobs after 3 failed processing attempts.
- Allow the video recorder to be manually started in circuit racing modes, so that the out lap can be recorded prior to crossing the start/finish location.
- Always display the lap timer in full screen mode.
- Made a number of UX improvements to the lap timer screen in order to improve usability.
- Removed recorder compensation for GNSS speed channel lag, as modern receivers do not seem to exhibit this problem.
- Added calculated speed and error channels based on position, which can be used to identify GNSS receivers where the speed channel exhibits lag.
Build 488 – May 5, 2022
- Fixed: App may crash when reopened after the device has been put in sleep mode and the system has killed the app process.
Build 487 – May 2, 2022
- Improved support for device screens that contain camera notches.
Build 486 – Apr 26, 2022
- Updated automated sector demarcation to better scale for larger circuits.
- Removed analysis setting for maximum automated sector count.
Build 485 – Apr 18, 2022
- Fixed: Video frame displayed in analysis screen does not always scale to use the available area.
Build 484 – Apr 15, 2022
- Fixed: Video decoding does not function on some older Kindle devices that run MTK video decoders.
Build 483 – Apr 8, 2022
- Fixed: Video overlay output does not make use of customized sectors.
- Improved sector analysis usability.
- Added ability to perform sector analysis for an entire event.
Build 482 – Apr 1, 2022
- Fixed: Temperature and pressure values from RaceCaptures are incorrect if not sent in expected units of measure.
Build 479 – Mar 28, 2022
- Added ability to specify internal camera zoom on supported devices, as well as support for camera systems with multiple lenses.
Build 479 – Mar 24, 2022
- CircuitStorm: Removed option to migrate data from older Realm database from builds prior to 450.
Build 478 – Mar 11, 2022
- Update the maths channel config view to use the entire screen instead of only a dialog.
- Fixed: Sector analysis appears to display no data when content is too wide for the screen.
- Reduced the minimum required distance used when calculating automatic sectors for circuit racing.
- Fixed: Analysis setting to correct for GPS drift does not correct the final sector of a road circuit.
Build 477 – Mar 9, 2022
- Fixed: All extracted video frames in a batch may not be saved if only one of them fails to save.
- Load the closest available video frame to display when the currently requested frame is not yet available, instead of loading the first frame.
- Prompt the user to enable location sharing when accessing the list of configured Wi-Fi networks on devices running Android 10 and higher.
Build 474 – Feb 22, 2022
- Sort logs by their creation date when opening them for analysis.
- Fixed: Event sync across devices can fail when including circuit information.
- Added ability to export log routes to KML format.
- Added an off course indicator to the lap timer, and no longer display delta times or speed when vehicle is off course.
- Added additional GNSS debug log to help reproduce and resolve data-specific problems reported by customers.
Build 473 – Feb 18, 2022
- Fixed: App does not receive internal GPS updates on Android 12 devices.
- Fixed: Scrolling logs in Petrel Cloud does not correctly set selection state of additional search results.
- Allow cloud logs to be selected and shared in bulk.
- Fixed: Lists of circuits and other filterable items would accept a new line character in the filter criteria.
- Fixed: Selecting all items in a storage browser list will include items that are disabled.
Build 471 – Feb 11, 2022
- Fixed: A dialog is displayed when a streaming service connection fails. This can block the view of the lap timer.
Build 469 – Jan 18, 2022
- Updated analysis posiiton and sector icons.
- Removed filtered RPM and Throttle channels as modern OBD interfaces and loggers provide higher sample rates.
- Added a stint timer to the lap timer screen when using the Endurance racing mode.
- Added ability to specify a target lap time in circuit racing modes.
- Fixed: Lap timer speed delta may be incorrect due to a small interpolation error.
- Allow old SoloStorm 1 logs and videos to be manually imported.
- Fixed: Devices running Android 11 were mistakenly required to provide Bluetooth permissions only available on Android 12 and up.
Build 468 – Jan 19, 2022
- Fixed: App may crash on some devices when viewing preference screens due to change in Android build tools.
Build 467 – Dec 7, 2021
- Log mobile device battery temperature.
- Fixed: Searching for Petrel Cloud logs by circuit does not ignore the lat/lon location criteria if it was previously set for a staged race mode.
- Allow video and traces analysis widgets to be resized.
- Added support for coolant temperature, oil temperature, oil pressure, fuel pressure, intake air temperature, and manifold absolute pressure channels from RaceCapture loggers and/or OBD scan tools.
- Fixed: Deleting or migrating the database did not delete the contents of the temporary or export directories.
- Fixed: Devices running Android 12 can report duplicate Wi-Fi networks which cause validation errors when using Wi-Fi cameras and loggers.
- Request permission to access device location when using Wi-Fi cameras and loggers in order to view current Wi-Fi network SSID.
Build 465 – Nov 29, 2021
- Prevent multiple dialogs for the same warning or error from being opened simultaneously.
- Fixed: Device connection error messages may not be immediately displayed when the logger is started.
Build 463 – Nov 19, 2021
- Delete the contents of the temporary directory at startup in order to free additional storage space.
Build 461 – Nov 17, 2021
- Allow course markers to be viewed from the event configuration screen so that the logger does not have to be turned on and GPS connected.
- Automatically retry failed cloud transfers up to 5 times with exponential backoff.
- Fixed: Database transaction monitoring jobs may not correctly stop and can drain the device battery.
Build 457 – Oct 13, 2021
- Fixed: Petrel Cloud sharing links will not paste into Gmail message bodies on some devices.
Build 456 – Oct 12, 2021
- Fixed: The original creation date and time of downloaded logs and events is overwritten when saved to the device.
- Fixed: Re-downloading a log that was previously deleted does not remove the deleted flag.
- Fixed: Sector analysis toolbar is not optimized for portrait screen orientation.
Build 455 – Oct 11, 2021
- Fixed: Log downloads may fail in some cases where a new driver record needs to be created.
Build 453 – Sep 26, 2021
- Fixed: The currently selected event may not be set after a previously selected event is deleted.
- Fixed: App crashes when browsing Petrel Cloud when the current event is configured with an ad-hoc venue.
- Display status of video processing jobs in the video widgets, and restart jobs that stalled due to the device being powered off.
- Fixed: App crashes when syncing an event between devices that is configured to use an ad-hoc venue.
Build 452 – Sep 20, 2021
- Fixed: App fails to import video files on the device that are selected by the user if the device does not report the file timestamp.
- Added a check for available storage space before migrating legacy storage contents.
Build 451 – Sep 8, 2021
- Fixed: Currently selected driver and event do are not updated when the selected storage location is changed.
- Fixed: The old storage location could sometimes be used after changing the setting in the app.
Build 450 – Sep 7, 2021
- Migrated to new database library that allows external SD cards to be used on Android 11 and up.
Build 448 – Aug 6, 2021
- Fixed: Video overlay intro options are reset when user manages sponsors or selects a different master video.
- Fixed: Unable to manually stop video recording in staged racing modes when using the Android CameraX internal camera API.
- Fixed: Screen orientation flips upside down when set to display in device orientation, and the Android screen rotation setting is also enabled.
Build 447 – Jul 8, 2021
- Removed filtered acceleration analysis channel since internal accelerometer sampling is filtered, and all supported external data loggers provide adequate filtering.
- Added the ability to slow the playback speed of original video files on devices running Android 6 and higher.
- Improved detection of circuit start/finish trigger with minimum impact to CPU usage.
- Automatically analyze circuits to determine the optimal start/finish detection range, but allow user to select a specific value.
Build 446 – Jul 4, 2021
- Fixed: App crashes when selecting from multiple auto-detected circuits and internal video recorder is disabled.
Build 445 – Jun 22, 2021
- Fixed: Editing some text values can introduce duplicate characters.
Build 444 – Jun 21, 2021
- Added ability to simply rename an event from the event configuration screen.
Build 443 – Jun 19, 2021
- Warn the user when attempting to overlay a video that the device may not be able to decode, but allow them to attempt to continue.
- Warn the user when attempting to overlay a video that does not contain a supported audio track.
Build 442 – Jun 14, 2021
- Fixed: Picture-in-picture window does not correctly render in video overlay.
- Disable automatic sleeping of GoPro BLE cameras and enable video preview stream to help prevent Wi-Fi connection drops.
Build 441 – Jun 9, 2021
- Clear the analysis screen when a new log is recorded for a new event.
- Fixed: Unable to connect to GoPro Bluetooth cameras with names longer than 24 characters.
Build 440 – Jun 3, 2021
- Fixed: Lateral acceleration values from Porsche G2 Wi-Fi modules were incorrect by 1 decimal place.
- Fixed: App may resume in the incorrect screen orientation.
- Fixed: Internal camera viewfinder is cropped when device is in portrait orientation and newer Android camera API is used.
Build 439 – May 29, 2021
- Automatically attempt to reestablish connection to Wi-Fi camera if it is lost.
Build 437 – May 27, 2021
- Modified lap timer to size sectors based on their elapsed distance.
Build 436 – May 26, 2021
- Fixed: App crashes when it fails to register with Google cloud messaging service for automatic log downloads.
Build 435 – May 25, 2021
- Fixed: App crashes if a sponsor logo file is not selected when prompted to do so.
Build 433 – May 22, 2021
- Fixed: Video overlay speed gauge does not scale for the correct maximum value.
- Fixed: Side by side video layout always forces rendering of additional logs in a sequence when recorded in circuit racing modes.
- Fixed: An incorrect overlay layout is selected when a configuring an input video from a secondary log.
- Fixed: App crashes when attempting to process Wi-Fi camera video that is configured to not download automatically.
- Fixed: Lap time that is manually set by the user is immediately overwritten when the log is opened.
- Only display the channel range in the elevation trace graph, so that high elevation events do not limit the graphed resolution.
Build 432 – May 20, 2021
- Maintain log file selection when the upload action is selected, filtering out logs that can not be uploaded.
Build 431 – May 18, 2021
- Do not display notification dialogs that were triggered when the device screen was off.
- Fixed: Video overlay intro duration seekbar defaults to 0 seconds.
- Fixed: Sponsor can not be saved after updating the logo unless the name is edited.
- Automatically retry cloud transfers that have failed instead of requiring the user to do so.
- Fixed: Event day is not saved when automatically downloading logs, so that the event is duplicated for each log downloaded.
- Correctly display if users own logs are uploaded or downloaded.
- Created storage and cloud browser item layouts optimized for portrait orientation.
Build 430 – May 17, 2021
- Fixed: 2.7k video resolution is incorrectly reported as 2k width and height.
- Fixed: App settings may become partially reset or corrupted in some circumstances.
Build 428 – May 17, 2021
- Fixed: Event sync fails across different app builds.
- Fixed: Video and log exports can fail if invalid characters are copied from the event or driver name.
- Fixed: The start trigger can allow subsequent logs to be recorded when they should not be.
- Removed support for legacy 1440p video resolution as it is not a 16:9 aspect ratio.
Build 427 – May 10, 2021
- Added a display setting to disable the app battery optimization check at startup due to a few devices not correctly reporting exemptions.
Build 426 – May 5, 2021
- Allow newly recorded logs to be automatically queued for upload to Petrel Cloud.
- Fixed: Logger state is not correctly displayed as a system notification when run without internal video recording.
- Fixed: Decoding video files fails on devices where hardware encoders do not report the frame rate.
Build 425 – May 3, 2021
- Fixed: App may crash when attempting to parse a corrupted message from a Bluetooth GPS receiver.
Build 424 – Apr 16, 2021
- Use video average frame rate when calculating frame duration instead of 'real' frame rate, as the value van be very large for some variable-framerate video files.
- Display an appropriate error message when attempting to download cloud content that is not longer available to the current user.
- Fixed: App crashes as logger startup when the Wi-Fi camera network SSID is not selected.
- Implemented new video overlay layouts for single and side-by-side exports.
- Allow overlaid video exports to be downgraded in quality from the original videos. Only encoding options that the device supports will be available.
- Display an error when attempting to export an overlaid video if the mobile device does not appear to be capable of decoding the input videos.
- Display an error when attempting to export a chromakey video if the mobile device does not appear to support any AVC HD encoder formats.
- Fixed: Video playback controls are partially covered by Android navigation bar in full-screen mode.
Build 423 – Apr 6, 2021
- Use video average frame rate when calculating frame duration instead of 'real' frame rate, as the value van be very large for some variable-framerate video files.
Build 422 – Apr 5, 2021
- Fixed: Cloud video file downloads were corrupted due to a library update.
- Fixed: Queuing large cloud transfers fails if transfer part descriptions are too large.
Build 421 – Mar 29, 2021
- Disabled Android auto backup of app data as it appears to be causing the database to be overwritten on certain devices.
- Fixed: Creation of new camera Wi-Fi network fails on some devices due to incomplete network security options.
- Added support for GoPro HEVC/H265 video files.
- Fixed: Allow more time for GoPro Hero 9 startup as BLE connection may take a couple of attempts.
Build 420 – Mar 21, 2021
- Fixed: Staging detection is not immediately cleared when recording stops, allowing the logger to start recording even when the start trigger requires that the logger be staged.
- Fixed: Chroma key video overlay export fails.
- Removed support for legacy 480p video resolution.
- Use GoPro BLE camera system ready and SD card ready flags to help determine the camera state.
- Allow all video file types to be selected when manually adding video files. This is necessary due to certain Android versions associating the wrong MIME type with MP4 video files in some cases.
- Fixed: App crashes when loading an event with an invalid marker position set.
- Fixed: Charts can have missing data or can crash the app.
Build 418 – Mar 11, 2021
- Continuously poll GoPro Bluetooth camera to monitor shutter state.
Build 417 – Mar 3, 2021
- Fixed: Bluetooth device selection may not list already-paired devices.
Build 416 – Mar 10, 2021
- Fixed: App crashes at startup if the database engine can not be initialized.
Build 415 – Feb 24, 2021
- Fixed: Internal camera startup fails on some devices when using CameraX API.
- Fixed: Logs may not be opened for analysis after a log is recorded if the app was previously paused then resumed.
- Added ability to move the contents of the storage repository between internal storage and an external SD card.
- Fixed: Opening the dialog to entering an unlock code causes the logger view to disappear.
- Fixed: Manually stopping the video recorder when the vehicle is staged will prevent the logger from recording if the start trigger is configured to only arm while staged.
Build 413 – Feb 13, 2021
- Fixed: Video preview is not shown on older devices that do not support the Android CameraX API.
- Fixed: Camera connection may fail during video calibration due to screen orientation change.
Build 412 – Jan 31, 2021
- Fixed: Sector marker coordinates are not displayed int the Course Markers screen if they were previously set.
- Display the sector marker number in the Course Markers Settings and Map screens.
Build 411 – Jan 30, 2021
- Fixed: App ignores camera Wi-Fi networks that are have been disabled.
Build 404 – Jan 18, 2021
- Fixed: Logger channel value font size is incorrect on some devices.
Build 403 – Jan 11, 2021
- Added support for GoPro Bluetooth LE + Wi-Fi Cameras.
- Fixed: An incorrect file number is displayed when downloading a video file during camera calibration.
- Fixed: Yi camera initialization fails when SD card is empty due to Yi API bug.
- Improved visibility of frame video number during video camera calibration.
- Fixed: Internal video recorder calibration crashes when using Android CameraX API if the screen orientation changes soon after the calibration view is opened.
Build 402 – Jan 6, 2021
- Fixed: App crashes when opening the event settings on some Android devices.
Build 401 – Jan 3, 2021
- Load a list of known circuits into the database when it is first created.
Build 400 – Dec 31, 2020
- Enabled Petrel Cloud Subscription upgrades.
Build 399 – Dec 29, 2020
- Allow device battery optimization to be optionally disabled in the Display settings.
Build 398 – Dec 10, 2020
- Improved visibility of staged indicator when logger start trigger is armed only when staged.
Build 397 – Nov 30, 2020
- Changed the lowest lap time icon from a check mark to a timer when browsing logs.
- Added day attribute to events and automatically rotate it when a log is recorded to for an event that contains logs, but not for the same day. Only affects certain racing modes.
- Migrated wireless event sync from NFC to Google Nearby Connections API, which uses Bluetooth + Wi-Fi for improved stability and support across devices.
Build 396 – Nov 26, 2020
- Allow sector split markers to be set during the course walk. These override automated sector demarcation.
- Fixed: Start trigger is not re-armed after logging is stopped due to a connectivity issue.
- Allow the finish marker to be used to trigger the logger to stop, if set.
Build 395 – Nov 25, 2020
- Added optimal lap time to sectors analysis screen.
Build 393 – Nov 17, 2020
- Allow endurance racing mode logs to be searched for and downloaded from the cloud.
Build 393 – Nov 17, 2020
- Fixed: Selected circuit name is not correctly displayed in the search criteria summary when searching for logs in the cloud.
- Fixed: Selected circuit is cleared when opening cloud log search criteria screen.
- Highlight selected logs and videos in the storage browser for improved visibility.
- Fixed: Enabled drivers may not show as enabled in the river management screen.
Build 392 – Nov 9, 2020
- Changed screen orientation setting to be a dropdown in preparation to support portrait UI mode.
- Fixed: Downloading time attack logs to a new event sets the incorrect circuit key for the event.
- Fixed: Video processing error messages are truncated when displayed as system notifications.
- Fixed: The baseline log selection dropdown is empty in the sectors analysis screen.
- Fixed: App crashes when removing all analysis logs when the storage browser has not yet been opened.
- Fixed: Logs downloaded from the cloud are saved with the wrong driver.
- Fixed: App UI may not be correctly configured or may crash after app has been restarted from the background.
Build 391 – Oct 31, 2020
- Fixed: Accessing certain cloud services did not first check for internet access.
- Added support for experimental Android CameraX Internal Camera API.
- Added ability to merge logs where recording was stopped due to an accidental stop.
- Draw the start/finish location on the preview map for time attack and endurance racing logs.
Build 390 – Oct 22, 2020
- Added ability to sync event configuration between devices using NFC radio.
- Adjusted circuit start/finish location detection to further eliminate false positives.
- Fixed: App crashes when a newly recorded video file is not found in the list of files returned by GoPro cameras.
- Fixed: Files can not be downloaded from older GoPro cameras that do not report file dates.
Build 389 – Oct 17, 2020
- Fixed: Realtime log playback is too fast when current positions are manually aligned to a log that is not the baseline.
- Fixed: A new driver can not be created when a driver with the same name is associated with a log that has been downloaded from the cloud.
- Fixed: Reordering the list of drivers may fail when log have been downloaded from the cloud.
- Improved resiliency of Podium telemetry connection by terminating unstable connections sooner and reconnecting.
Build 388 – Oct 14, 2020
- Reduced the size of video file pards uploaded to and downloaded from the cloud for improved resiliancy to timeouts and network issues.
- Added a filter to the list of circuits to speed selection.
- Fixed: Downloaded logs could not be selected as benchmark log for the circuit timer.
- Fixed: Opening the device or cloud storage browser aborts any current running cloud transfers.
- Fixed: Current cloud video downloads are not shown when leaving then opening the cloud logs browser.
Build 386 – Oct 7, 2020
- Fixed: Unavailable logger trigger options are not disabled when the settings screen is first opened.
- Fixed: Downloading logs with circuits not yet in the local database fails.
- Fixed: The start/finish marker for an ad-hoc circuit is not updated until the logger is restarted.
- Added option to view event markers and circuit on a map in order to confirm locations.
- Added a link to Podium to create and submit a new circuit to the official list.
- Increased text size of current driver and course side selections in the logger toolbar to improve visibility and ease of selection.
Build 384 – Sep 18, 2020
- Allow analysis sectors to be defined by the event circuit, if provided.
- Added optional start trigger setting to require that the logger is staged before a start will trigger.
- Added ability to combine video chapter files greater than 4GB on devices running Android 11 and up.
Build 383 – Sep 18, 2020
- Fixed: App crashes when retrieving file list from GoPro and Garmin cameras in some instances.
Build 382 – Sep 8, 2020
- Fixed: Map coordinates are not correctly filtered.
Build 381 – Aug 31, 2020
- Customized the list of trace channels for Alpine use.
- Disable voice notifications and video analysis widget by default.
Build 381 – Aug 31, 2020
- Added a reset button to the analysis trace channels settings.
- Added a reset button to the logger triggers settings.
- Fixed: Trace channels can momentarily change shape due to over-optimization when drawing them.
- Fixed: Jogging the analysis time causes the current vehicle position to move incorrectly on the map due to a filtering error.
Build 380 – Aug 30, 2020
- Added altitude channel to list of available traces.
- Fixed: App crashes when opening the video overlay preferences.
Build 374 – Aug 13, 2020
- Fixed: Log elapsed time quality is not correctly set until log is opened for the first time.
- Fixed: RaceCapture loggers always report elevation of 0.
Build 371 – Aug 13, 2020
- Added support for ASI BLE GPS receivers.
Build 370 – Aug 12, 2020
- Added a trace channel for GPS accuracy (DOP).
- Fixed: No value is recorded for RaceCapture logger GPS accuracy.
- Added logging of GPS position fix quality to RaceCapture and Bluetooth NMEA devices.
Build 369 – Aug 8, 2020
- Fixed: Searching for cloud logs by date does not truncate the criteria date(s).
Build 367 – Aug 3, 2020
- Remove leading and trailing whitespace from circuit names from Podium service.
- Added support for GoPro 960p @ 120 and 240 fps.
- Fixed: 2.7k video quality is incorrectly labeled as 2k.
- Fixed: App crashes when attempting to open battery optimization settings on devices that do not have it implemented.
Build 366 – Aug 2, 2020
- Filter corrupted GPS messages to ensure correct map rendering.
Build 361 – Jul 30, 2020
- Added filtering of coarse GPS errors so that they will not render when drawing the course map.
Build 357 – Jul 22, 2020
- No longer disable ProTune more on GoPro cameras as newer models will create low resolution preview files with this option enabled.
- Display a warning if the lap time of an opened log appears to be invalid due to incorrectly placed start or finish markers.
- Added delta speed to lap timer display for improved braking zone and corner entry performance.
Build 356 – Jul 19, 2020
- Display a list of all available teams when opening the team preference dialog in the cloud log search criteria view.
- Modified cloud search criteria preferences to display 'No Preference' when optional but value is not set.
- Display a notification when attempting to upload logs and videos that would exceed the users cloud storage subscription limit.
- Display rotating logger status, driver name, and course side when the logger is in the ready state and staged racing mode is selected.
Build 355 – Jul 16, 2020
- Fixed: Configuring cloud log search criteria does not display the currently selected circuit.
- Fixed: Downloading logs to a new event does not save the event circuit.
- Fixed: When searching for logs in the cloud, the end date could be set before the start date, and vice-versa.
- Moved racing mode and event criteria to the top of the cloud search criteria screen as it is the most used.
- Display a summary of the current search criteria in the cloud log search results.
- Display a summary of the current search criteria in the cloud team search results.
- Added a link to the user context menu in order to manage your own logs and videos in Petrel Cloud.
Build 354 – Jul 9, 2020
- Download and merge video file chapters from Wi-Fi cameras that span longer recording sessions.
- Fixed: The analysis screen is not displayed until after video from the Wi-Fi camera has been downloaded.
- Fixed: Yi camera startup fails when the camera is plugged into USB power.
- Show available storage space when browsing events.
- Require the user to disable Android battery optimizations in order to ensure that video processing is not killed by the OS.
Build 353 – Jul 8, 2020
- Fixed: Connecting to a camera or logger Wi-Fi network may fail on the first attempt but succeed on the second one.
- Fixed: The logger will always disable the camera or logger Wi-Fi network when shutting down the logger, even though the network was connected in the first place.
Build 349 – Jun 29, 2020
- Allow the currently connected Wi-Fi camera network to be used even though the Android device reports it as being disabled.
- Fixed: Overlaying video file with an invalid video track duration hangs the overlay process.
Build 346 – Jun 19, 2020
- Fixed: Cloud profile photos are displayed as grey circles in search results that occur below the page fold.
- Fixed: Selecting an autocomplete suggestion during cloud search does not automatically close the soft keyboard.
- Fixed: Time delta channel values do not correctly reflect the graphed value when logs are aligned at an arbitrary position.
Build 344 – Jun 16, 2020
- Fixed: Course markers are cleared when a the first log is saved for an event.
- Fixed: Realtime values for Aux 3 and Aux 4 channels are not displayed in the logger screen.
- Fixed: Aux 3 and Aux 4 channel values in the traces widget are not interpolated.
Build 343 – Jun 12, 2020
- Fixed: App crashes after being placed in background for a period of time and then restarted.
- Updated database library to get latest bug fixes.
- Fixed: Importing a file copied from a controlled Wi-Fi camera would freeze the UI and crash the app.
- Fixed: Porsche Wi-Fi connection is re-established silently after the logger is turned off.
- Added: Porsche current gear now selectable as auxiliary channel.
- Added additional log selection options in the analysis view.
Build 342 – Jun 11, 2020
- Added: Check for duplicate Wi-Fi networks with the same SSID when selecting or connecting to a network.
Build 336 – Jun 8, 2020
- Fixed: Video frames will not extract when adding an aux video, or manually forcing extraction.
- Fixed: Starting a multipart video file cloud upload always fails.
- Fixed: The name of the data source is not displayed when warning the user about forgetting to configure logger channels.
- Fixed: Throttle calibration dialog does not update values.
- Fixed: Communication with older Garmin VIRB cameras fails.
Build 335 – Jun 2, 2020
- Fixed: Attempt to install updates on some devices results in a crash.
Build 334 – May 31, 2020
- Fixed: Searching for users to invite to a team results in a cloud error.
- Fixed: Updating the list of venues a subsequent time after switching storage location fails to retrieve values.
- Fixed: Coarse device location permission needs to be granted to show Wi-Fi network list on Android 10+ devices.
- Fixed: Attempt to use camera to take a profile photo does not request permission to access the camera on Android 10+ devices.
- Fixed: No progress indicator is displayed when searching for cloud teams.
- Fixed: App crashes when connecting to a configured Bluetooth device with missing name attribute.
Build 330 – May 29, 2020
- Fixed: Progress spinner is never dismissed after update check returns a positive result.
Build 329 – May 29, 2020
- Fixed: Queuing a large number of logs and videos for upload or download results in a crash.
Build 328 – May 19, 2020
- Fixed: Selecting all logs in the storage browser also selects all video files even outside of cloud upload selection.
- Fixed: RPM alarm warning tones play for too long a duration.
- Fixed: List of circuits used to search for logs in the cloud is always empty.
- Fixed: Scrolling events with many logs is slow and choppy.
Build 326 – May 18, 2020
- Ignore the default configured event when populating cloud search criteria.
Build 325 – Apr 11, 2020
- Fixed: Maths channels formula buttons are not clearly visible.
- Allow full-screen display setting to be toggled without an app restart being required.
- Fixed: Emptying the trash bin permanently deletes videos that are still associated with other active laps.
Build 324 – Apr 1, 2020
- Fixed: Configured channels are hidden in the logger screen if they overflow vertically.
- Added: The list of channels in the logger screen now includes elevation.
Build 323 – Apr 1, 2020
- Fixed: Porsche engine and gearbox oil temps are mapped incorrectly and are using the incorrect units.
Build 322 – Mar 30, 2020
- Fixed: App crashes at startup if a storage error is detected and displayed to the user.
Build 321 – Mar 29, 2020
- Fixed: Cloud uploads are reported as having failed, when in fact they succeeded.
Build 319 – Mar 28, 2020
- Added: Porsche Wi-Fi Gen 2 connection now supports oversteer and understeer channels.
Build 318 – Mar 25, 2020
- Fixed: Encoded speed value transmitted to Podium is incorrect.
- Fixed: The current selected circuit is not updated after a circuit is automatically detected or manually selected.
- Fixed: The current logger event does not change after it is deleted from the database.
Build 317 – Mar 22, 2020
- Fixed: Values can not be modified in the database after changing the storage location unless the app is restarted.
- Fixed: App crashes when searching for teams in the cloud.
Build 316 – Mar 21, 2020
- Added: An incrementing progress value is displayed when updating the list of circuits.
- Fixed: Downloading demo logs and video deletes the default driver from the database.
Build 315 – Mar 17, 2020
- Fixed: Logging multiple laps with device screen turned off requires multiple taps on the back button to return to the logger screen.
Build 314 – Feb 20, 2020
- Fixed: Device Wi-Fi is disconnected from access point when logger is stopped, even though no Wi-Fi data source is in use.
- Fixed: Unlock link is ignored when the app was already running and is only paused.
- Added Petrel Cloud integration for licensed users.
- Migrated RPM alarm settings UI.
- Improved UI response time during logger startup.
- Do not adjust the course markers when a spin occurs on course and the logger restarts far away from the staging area.
- Fixed: Video widget would not always refresh when a frame is first extracted.
- Changed the Start Video button to indicate when video shoould be automatically triggered and no user action is required.
- Added: Display sector demarcation in the Traces widget when the sectors widget is enabled.
- Added: Individual channel traces can be expanded to the full widget height.
Build 313 – Feb 19, 2020
- Added support for Qstarz brand Bluetooth LE GPS readers.
Build 312 – Nov 25, 2019
- Fixed: Display an appropriate message when sample repository download fails due to insufficient storage space.
- Fixed: Error occurs when attempting to empty the trash bin containing video files, as well as and logs that were deleted but not part of a deleted event.
- Fixed: Friction circle widget indicator colors were reversed when compared to histogram values.
- Fixed: Calculated lateral acceleration values can have large errors at very low speeds.
- Added combined 2D accel value for each open log to the friction circle widget.
- Added ability to connect to Porsche 2nd gen Wi-Fi modules.
Build 311 – Nov 16, 2019
- Open the keyboard when creating or editing a driver.
- Automatically open the profile name editor when creating a new profile.
- Fixed a possible crash when calculating rendering parameters for a log map.
Build 310 – Oct 20, 2019
- Fixed: App crashes when attempting to save logs with invalid floating point values.
Build 309 – Oct 7, 2019
- Fixed: App may fail to reestablish a connection to Podium when it is lost under certain circumstances.
- Added: Alert the user when an active VPN network is detected and a Wi-Fi or internet connection is required by the logger.
- Fixed: Wi-Fi camera SSID selection button is not disabled when no camera is selected.
- Fixed: Extracting video thumbnails leaked system bitmap memory.
- Fixed: Video processor crashes when attempting to process an invalid or corrupt video file.
- Fixed: Video frame is not loaded when changing the video source in analysis.
- Fixed: The video download progress icon is incorrectly displayed on all open videos when downloading a single video.
- Improved delta sector analysis visibility.
- Added trash bin to allow recovery of deleted events and logs.
- Fixed: A duplicate default event could be create in certain circumstances.
- Fixed: App fails to connect to a Wi-Fi camera network on some Android 9 devices.
Build 308 – Sep 24, 2019
- Fixed: App crashes intermittently when checking logger triggers.
- Fixed: App runs out of memory and crashes when downloading large video files.
Build 307 – Sep 21, 2019
- Added: Force Wi-Fi connections to bind to a Wi-Fi network, so devices with cellular radios do not have to be placed in airplane mode if network switching can not be disabled. This does not affect Yi cameras.
- Added: Force Podium telemetry connection to bind to any active internet connection, so devices with cellular radios may also connect to a Wi-Fi camera.
- Fixed: App crashed when displaying the lap timer due to a bug in newer versions of Android.
- Fixed: Video download progress indicator always shows 100%.
- Fixed: Android blocks connections to Wi-Fi cameras due to incorrect security rule mapping.
Build 305 – Sep 15, 2019
- Fixed: App crashes after calibrating the throttle position channel if the logger has not disconnected immediately.
- Fixed: Circuit update failes due to failure to release network resources.
Build 304 – Sep 14, 2019
- Fixed: Storage updates became stuck in an infinite loop and would run out of memory.
Build 303 – Sep 14, 2019
- Fixed: Storage updates crashed due to an invalid crash report entry.
- Updated the description of generic Bluetooth GPS receivers so they are less likely to be accidentally selected when a RaceCapture or other logger should be.
Build 302 – Sep 13, 2019
- Fixed: Driver list can be configured without any drivers being enabled.
- Fixed: Storage updates failed on some devices when attempting to parse log file names due to an Android bug.
Build 300 – Aug 26, 2019
- Display a status message when the vehicle is staged.
- Fixed: Logger did not reconnect to Podium if network connection is interrupted.
- Migrated charts analysis to new UI.
- Fixed: App crashes when querying device video capabilities and user has not yet granted camera permissions.
Build 299 – Aug 25, 2019
- No longer power off GoPro cameras when logger is powered off in order to prevent the Wi-Fi access point from going to sleep.
Build 298 – Aug 19, 2019
- Fixed: Database migration did not correctly configure legacy events.
- Fixed: App crashes when analyzing logs with Aux video.
Build 296 – Aug 18, 2019
- Added a preference for voice notification volume.
- Added a download progress indicator to the video analysis widget.
Build 295 – Aug 17, 2019
- Fixed: Analysis widgets did not correctly resize when disabling the Video widget due to a bug in an Android support library.
Build 294 – Aug 15, 2019
- Fixed: App crashes when scrolling video frames during calibration.
- Fixed: Update check results in an error.
- Added preferences to control transmission of crash reports and app analytics.
Build 293 – Aug 13, 2019
- Fixed: License request fails even though email address and unlock code are correct..
Build 292 – Aug 10, 2019
- Fixed: App crashes after recording a log with video when analysis screen has not yet been opened.
- Fixed: Allow Wi-Fi video camera to start up when downloading a video when the logger is off, and the camera is no longer enabled in the video settings.
- Fixed: Displayed trigger settings do not change when a settings profile is selected.
- Fixed: Unlock account selection only displayed Google accounts.
Build 291 – Aug 7, 2019
- Fixed: Creation of non-autocross session would not be reflected in logger settings.
- Modified lap timer to display current running lap time if no best lap time is known and the delta time bar is inactive.
Build 290 – Aug 7, 2019
- Fixed: Unencrypted network calls to Wi-Fi cameras and loggers were being denied on newer Android devices.
Build 289 – Jul 7, 2019
- Moved the location of the internal storage repository to be compliant with current Android standards.
- Prompt the user to request certain device permissions at runtime, as per current Android standards.
- Fixed: App crashes when long pressing on event or log context menu in the storage browser.
- Added support for live stream to Podium when recording in circuit racing modes.
- Fixed: App crashes when setting markers and the logger state changes.
- Fixed: Crash when listing Bluetooth devices and some have no name assigned.
Build 288 – Jun 10, 2019
- Allow multiple consecutive laps to be selected when overlaying video for circuit racing modes.
- Added a dedicated RaceCapture channel mapping for brakes.
- Do not show the aux channel display name if a hardware channel is used as a non-aux source.
- Started on the migration to fully contextual in-app help.
- Corrected Porsche acceleration orientation.
- Increased allowed length of maths channel expression from 20 chars to 200.
- Only enable the main menu for the logger screen when the logger is not recording.
- Display lap timer when app is resumed and it is currently logging in a race mode that supports lap timing.
- Only display the accelerometer calibration menu item when the internal IMU or DL1 IMU are used.
Build 287 – Apr 26, 2019
- Fixed a crash during video camera calibration when the video file fails to download.
- Fixed a crash when a video player app could not be found on the device.
- Improved rendering performance of some analysis widgets.
- Allow the driver of a lap to be changed to any driver in the database plus those in the event.
- Allow videos from one log to be added to another.
- Allow the driver of a selected group of logs to be changed at once.
- Improved performance of video overlay, and fixed crash when processing long videos due to a memory leak.
- Removed option to disable video hardware acceleration.
- Attempt to fit all selected trace channels into the viewport if possible.
- Allow video files to be copied to a specified location.
- Always trim overlaid video to 2s after log stops recording, not just when a finish marker is set.
- Prompt user to select the final log for a newly imported video when consecutive logs are detected.
- Save the system start time of aux videos when they are imported, so they can be associated with multiple logs.
- Improved UI responsiveness when synchronizing video.
Build 286 – May 13, 2019
- Fixed a crash in Time Attack mode when a lap is completed and the logger checks its state in the background at the same time.
- Increased circuit timer lap number from 2 digits to 3.
- Fixed bug that caused markers not to be saved when set.
- Fixed leaks of database space due to creation of orphaned data.
- Save log samples outside of the document database for efficiency.
- Migrated demo log install to new repository format.
- Do not allow video overlay to be selected unless the full resolution file has been downloaded.
- Fixed course side rotation when using ProSolo race mode.
- Display the course side when selecting an event to move logs to.
- Added background animation to log selection controls for improved user experience.
Build 285 – Apr 22, 2019
- Fixed a crash when recording video using an internal camera on devices older than Android 8.
Build 284 – Apr 14, 2019
- Improved clarity of lap timer, and fixed bug causing progress bar color to not be filtered correctly.
- Added a display setting to enable lap timer popup notifications for fast laps and sectors.
- Fixed crash when aligning logs my marker on certain Android versions.
- Migrated the markers dialog to the new UI and added validation based on distance between markers.
- Implemented auto-detection of circuits.
- Fixed but caused by trigger settings no being updated after changing the current event to one with a different race mode.
- Do not allow duplicate start and finish markers to be set.
- Do not allow auto-detection of the current circuit if none yet exist in the database.
- Correctly display summary of auto-detect, ad-hoc, and unknown circuits.
- Changed the circuit timer to use a dark theme for better contrast.
- Migrated the Traction Circle widget to the new UI.
Build 283 – Apr 12, 2019
- Hide or check currently open logs when browsing storage, depending on mode.
- Center all log markers in the map view, and adjust zoom to ensure they are always visible.
Build 282 – Apr 10, 2019
- Changed map view so that the baseline log marker is always centered.
Build 281 – Apr 8, 2019
- Fixed saving of trigger setting values.
- Fixed bug causing open log count of 2 to not be enforced when selected in analysis settings.
- Fixed bug causing video frame to not be displayed after source is changed.
- Fixed crashes during sync via video frame selection.
- Fixed incorrect sync time via video frame selection.
Build 274 – Mar 22, 2019
- Implemented new UI using Material guidelines.
Build 273 – Nov 21, 2018
- Order listed logger and camera WiFi SSIDs alphabetically.
- Force ELM327 OBD scan tools to not send line breaks after being used with other apps.
- Force ELM327 OBD scan tools to ignore saved protocol setting.
- Added a Reset button when editing sectors.
- Upgraded the lap timer to a new UI.
- Requires Android 5.0 and up.
- Circuit timer will now read the fastest lap at startup.
Build 271 – Aug 9, 2018
- Fixed startup of WiFi cameras when the internal camera is enabled.
Build 270 – Jul 4, 2018
- Allow license email addresses to be validated even if the case does not match that on file.
- Fixed a bug when attempting to ignore old files on a GoPro camera.
Build 269 – Jun 22, 2018
- Fixed crashes when overlaying video without hardware acceleration on 64-bit platforms.
Build 266 – May 14, 2018
- Fixed trace for Math Channel #2 since it was displaying #1 instead.
Build 265 – May 6, 2018
- Add support for GoPro 1080p-120 video quality.
Build 262 – May 1, 2018
- Fixed missing progress dialog when loading logs while the logger is enabled.
Build 261 – Apr 29, 2018
- Added support for GoPro Hero 6.
- Added scatter plot chart for gearing analysis.
- Allow a limit to be selected for the number of sectors that are generated automatically.
- Do not use scientific notation for CSV export values.
- Added JSON export file format for those wanting to write their own analysis.
- Added support for Yi Action Cameras.
- Prevent old files on Wi-Fi camera SD card from being mistaken as newly recorded ones due to timestamp issues.
- Reduced application load time.
- Fixed handling of unlock links via email.
- No longer disable GPS on Garmin cameras in order to save battery life.
- Migrated to next generation of licensing API.
- Fixed a crash when emailing a debug log to support and no vehicle telemetry source is selected.
- Allow the logger to be unlocked by clicking on a license URL.
- Use blue background in chromakey videos due to green elements tha can be drawn in the overlay.
- Fixed duplicate logs when speed on course triggers a logger stop, then logging is resumed after speed increased.
- Added support for Porsche/VW/Audi vehicles with a Wi-Fi gateway.
- Added 2 user-defined maths channels for analysis.
- Added a keep-alive message for all Bluetooth NMEA GPS receivers due to problems on certain Android devices.
- Switched RaceCapture X and Y accel channels to work with their SAE coordinate system.
- Fixed a crash when managing cloud teams.
- Fixed battery level display for older GoPro cameras.
- Added new video overlay layout and sync options.
- Save video overlay intro text for re-use.
- Allow Aux videos to be deleted.
- List applications settings when emailing the debug log to support.
- Fixed a crash when loading logs for analysis on Pixel XL with Android 8.
- Fixed problem checking Wi-Fi camera status after the logger is restarted.
- Retry failed requests to Wi-Fi cameras in more failure modes.
- Fixed problem when using a BAFX OBD scan tool.
- Modified video overlay to use analog gauges.
- Allow the newer Android Camera API to be disabled in the Video Settings screen.
- Fixed progress notification when transferring large files to / from the cloud.
- Added additional device information to debug log email for support.
- Show a warning if the camera battery level is low.
- Ensure that a new debug log is created after it is manually deleted.
- Fixed the automatic saving of updated lap times.
- Alert the user if trying to connect to a Wi-Fi device while the android Wi-Fi internet monitor is configured to switch to the cellular network.
- Do not automatically load logs for analysis in ProSolo race mode.
- Fixed issues with internal accelerometer. May require recalibration.
- Fixed time delta channel when logs are aligned to each other.
- Fixed the layout of the RPM Alarm screen.
- Fixed loss of OBD2 channels in some vehicles after engine restart.
- Fixed bug that could sometimes cause video processing to hang at the end of a job.
- Use date to determine latest GoPro video if camera supports it.
- Show video icons when loading logs.
- Improved stability of GoPro 3+ and newer cameras when starting them.
- Fixed crash when selecting Wi-Fi SSID when Wi-Fi radio is disabled.
- Enable live preview on GoPro Hero 3+ cameras to improve stability. Hero 5 Session fails to work without it.
- Simplified video camera settings.
- Added option to view real-time debug logging.
- Added support for Garmin VIRB X/XE and Ultra 30 camera.
- Fixed a popup warning on newer devices about video native libraries.
- Added button in Help settings to clear the debug log.
- Added AM and PM course locations.
- Fixed disappearing preview image after cloud upload.
- Added a delay after connecting to a Wi-Fi network so that the device has time to initialize.
- Sending debug log to support now uses device email client.
- Show an alert when the Wi-Fi camera becomes unresponsive and needs to be reset.
- Fixed formula used to calculated filtered 2D acceleration. Also added calculated and raw channels.
- Improved stability of Wi-Fi cameras during calibration.
- Added Help screen to display full release notes.
- Show a warning when attempting to turn off the logger when recording.
- Fixed formatting of brake pressure value.
- Fixed a bug causing Qstarz receivers to eventually drop to 1Hz update rate.
- Display GPS update rate when logger is ready and warn when it falls below 5Hz.
- Added a progressive shift alarm for RPM channel.
- Limit device sensor update rates to improve performance.
- Support PLX Kiwi v2 scan tool.
- Added support for OBD II accelerator position PID.
- Added support for GoPro 2.7k and 4k resolutions.
- Added support for setting GoPro 4+ resolution after firmware update.
- Added speed to Start Trigger in Time Attack mode.
- Draw individual samples in the Friction Circle widget.
- Added support for Polaroid Cube+ WiFi camera.
- Added support for Race Capture via WiFi.
- Fixed problem with default calibration of RaceCapture TPS.
- Indicate the battery lever of the Wi-Fi camera.
- Added support for iRacing telemetry.
- Log deletion button now only deletes checked logs.
- Fixed a possible crash when querying the device for video overlay capabilities.
- Show download progress for cloud logs after cloud service update.
- Slowed the update rate of video service notifications to cause less system load.
- Improve detection of video overlay capabilities on devices with Android 5+.
- Support newew gopro file naming convention.
- Fixed missing course side and location in saved logs.
- Fixed multiple crashes during analysis in build 178.
- Fixed video sync frame selection on devices that do not properly implement MediaMetadataRetriever.
- Support throttle on the DL1 via CAN integration.
- Import tracks from Podium for Time Attack.
- Added turn radius and lateral accel histogram.
- Improved accuracy of turn radius channel.
- Fixed a problem importing aux video.
- Added support for Time Attack ad-hoc circuits.
- Changes to sections are automatically saved and loaded.
- Use newer APIs to find SD card storage.
- Allow up to 6 open logs in analysis.
- Display the Race Mode that a log was recorded with.
- Allow up to 6 open logs in analysis.
- Support devices with Intel processors.
- Added support for distance-based jogging and analysis.
- Display lap time in list of logs.
- Fixed a problem with some logs not displaying when save in the cloud.
- Small improvement to OBD2 update rate.
- Fixed file downloads from GoPro Hero2 HD V2 cameras.
- Added histogram charts to analysis.
- Allow video to be downloaded from remove cameras when the logger is turned off.
- Fixed a problem with cancelling a video downloads.
- Fixed section matching when log files have greatly varying distances.
- Set bulk sharing permissions when uploading logs to the cloud.
- Fixed the missing Cloud options menu not displaying on some devices.
- Switch acceleration labels when overlaying video if axis are inverted.
- Fixed bug when extracting frames from multiple videos for new logs.
- Added Friction Circle analysis widget.
- Fixed renaming of logs when both low and full resolution videos have been downloaded.
- Allow channel sources to be selected in Analysis settings for use in widgets and video overlays.
- Improved hardware accelerated video support on Android 4.4 and 5.0 devices.
- Allow display of debugging features based on user license.
- Added retry attempts when downloading saved files from GoPro cameras.
- Fixed incorrect resolution settings on GoPro Hero 3 Black cameras.
- Check for correct channel configurations when tapping outside of a settigns dialog to clear focus.
- Fixed an issue retrieving the status of some GoPro Hero 4 cameras.
- Added a dedicated steering channel for RaceCapture Pro with real-time filtering.
- Added a dedicated throttle channel for RaceCapture Pro that allows calibration.
- Fixed Race Capture gyro rate conversion.
- Fixed a bug that caused logs downloaded from the cloud not be saved in the selected event.
- SoloStorm Cloud Beta available to everyone.
- Added support for GoPro Hero4 cameras.
- Improved support for GoPro Hero3 cameras.
- Fixed incorrect values when viewing realtime video.
- Improved accelerometer calibration on supported devices.
- Use gyroscope sensor on supported devices.
- Support new Race Capture Pro v2 firmware.
- Added SoloStorm Cloud integration. Contact support to be added to the testing waitlist.
- Allow fling gestures when selecting video frames for calibration.
- Fixed Video Calibration frame selection on some devices.
- Requires android 4.0 and up.
- Allow the user to select a specific video frome to sync to the current log time.
- Android 2.3.3 is now requried.
- Added compensation for GPS speed lag.
- Fixed a bug when renaming logs with low resolution GoPro videos.
- Fixed issue that caused the map to be cut off during sectional analysis.
- Use swipe motion to select video frames when calibrating.
- Warn the user when using manual triggers.
- Fixed UI freeze when failed to connect to a GoPro camera.
- Added ability to import auxiliary videos.
- Log time in video overlays uses start and finish markers.
- Reduced time required to trim videos when overlaying.
- Fixed missing video channel configuration when hardware acceleration is disabled.
- Fixed staging detection when running the logger as a service with the device screen off and not analyzing between runs.
- Fixed non-hardware video overlay.
- Fixed some bugs that caused crashes.
- Fixed GoPro dowloading when Bluetooth connection errors are happening.
- Added video processing hardware acceleration on Android 4.3+.
- Video can be manually synchronized to the log.
- Videos overlaid with acceleration have their intro time truncated.
- Videos overlaid with acceleration can have introductory text.
- Video frames extracted with acceleration are higher quality.
- Fixed incorrect finish marker placement when only a finish marker is set.
- Removed Airplane Mode setting.
- Added option to export logs to other devices via Bluetooth.
- Fixed issues with Samsung S5 onboard video.
- Changed the location of files saved on external SD cards to work with Android 4.4.
- Fixed incorrect total frame count when extracing thumbnails from videos.
- Added a visual alert if the GPS signal quality is not optimal.
- When downloading a high-resolution video from a GoPro, frames extracted from a low-resolution video will be reused for analysis.
- The Staging Marker can now be moved, moving all other markers relatively.
- When manually starting video recording, the staging marker will be moved to the current position, and the other markers moved relatively.
- Added option for GPS drift compensation.
- Added hilighting of possible GPS drift in the Distance Traveled channel.
- Added support for GoPro Silver and Black 'Plus' cameras.
- Fixed a bug when manually setting markers when logs are aligned.
- Calculated acceleration is now the basis for automatic sections.
- Shortened GPS widget message when using a NMEA receiver.
- Markers can not be set if the GPS has not locked on satellites.
- Clearing a marker prompts for confirmation.
- Reduced section calculation time and fixed some bugs.
- Redesigned Sectional Analysis dialog for improved clarity.
- Redesigned Dash widget for better visual analysis.
- Added Brake Pressure and Steering Angle channels.
- Added support for Race Capture Pro logger.
- Added support for Racelogic VBOX Sport GPS receiver.
- Improved section matching algorithm to work better with narrow or multi-lap courses.
- Added gestures for controlling realtime playback without the timeline widget.
- Improved filtering of the Turn Radius channel.