Effective as of Nov 14, 2019
- About this Policy
- How do we collect your personal data?
- What personal data do we collect from you?
- What do we use your personal data for?
- Sharing your personal data
- Data retention and deletion
- Transfer to other countries
- Keeping your data safe
About this Policy
As we add new products and services, this Policy may be subject to change without notice.
Control over your data
Under an European Union law, called the General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR”, you have the following rights with regards to your data:
- Right of Access – the right to be informed of and request access to the personal data we process about you
- Right to Rectification – the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to Erasure – the right to request that we delete your personal data
- Right to Restrict – the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data
- Right to Object –
- the right, at any time, to object to us processing your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation
- the right to object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes
- Right to Data Portability – the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service
- Right not to be subject to Automated Decision-making – the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect
In order to enable you to exercise these rights, we provide you with access to the following settings from within our apps:
- Privacy Settings – allows you to toggle the sending of crash reports and analytic data, as well control your visibility when using social features
- Notification Settings – allows you to choose which communications you receive from us with regards to social features
All product update and release notification emails allow your to opt-out of future communications.
How do we collect your personal data?
Personal data is collected during registration and billing events, as well as when you upload or share logs and videos via the Petrel Cloud storage service.
What personal data do we collect from you?
- Email Address
- Billing address
- Shipping address
- Phone number
- Credit card authorizations
What do we use your personal data for?
- Contacting you about changes to your account
- Contacting you about changes to services offered
- Contacting you about crash reports and service issues
- Allowing others to find logs and video shared by you (this is optional)
- Billing for services rendered
- Shipping orders for physical goods
Sharing your personal data
We do not share your personal data with any 3rd parties for purposes of marketing.
We do share contact and shipping information with our shipping service provider in order to fulfill physical order shipments.
Data retention and deletion
We may occasionally purge collected data from our systems due to account expiration, including uploaded logs and videos.
Transfer to other countries
All collected datat is stored in the United States, and from time-to-time is replicated in our Canadian offices for administrative purposes.
Keeping your data safe
We implement appropriate measures such as encryption and access control in order to restrict access to data that we collect.
We may occasionally make changes to this policy.
Any material changes to this policy will be communicated via email. Please make sure to read those communications carefully.