The RaceCapture/Pro Mk 4 Data Acquisition System is a high performance data logger that combines a highly accurate 25Hz GNSS (GPS + GLONASS + Galileo) receiver, 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis gyro, dedicated analog, digital, and frequency inputs
The Race Capture/Pro Mk 4 is a powerful and expandable platform – it features onboard Bluetooth and Wi-Fi radios for connectivity, as well as 2 separate CAN Bus channels for integrating with your vehicle OBD2 port or bespoke CAN devices. This is a platform ready to grow with you throughout your motorsports experiences.
The 4rd generation RaceCapture/Pro is part of the Autosport Labs Plug and Play Ecosystem. You no longer need to splice, solder, heat shrink, or crimp your own cables for most installations. All connections (except the GNSS receiver) are made via the threaded M8 and M12 connectors on the back of the unit.
An Important Note About Wiring
The RaceCapture/Pro Mk4 is packaged with only a single M8 pigtail connector that can be used to supply power to the logger. All additional wiring harnesses must be purchased separately.
To simplify ordering, we also offer the RaceCapture/Pro And Harnesses Kit which includes some of the required harnesses in order to access the input and output channels, as well as optionally connect to a vehicle OBD port.
With the addition of the Autosport Labs Plug and Play wiring harnesses, you now have increased flexibility in how you build and configure your RaceCapture setup. Please read the following information about wiring accessories, and feel free to contact us for assistance on putting together a system that works for you.
We also form that includes some recommended wiring harnesses.
Vehicle OBD Port Connections
Also, please note that you will need a separate RaceCapture CAN OBD-II cable (for RaceCapture systems with M8 connector – CAN Only or Legacy Adapter) if you wish to log data from your vehicle’s OBD II port. You will need to order the correct version of the cable, depending on the year that your vehicle was manufactured.
Optional / Recommended Wiring Harnesses
In order to access all available input and output channels from your plug and play RaceCapture/Pro, you will need to purchase some of the following wiring harnesses:
- 2 x Autosport Labs 8 Channel Analog / Digital Sensor Splitter. One for the M12 analog inputs connector and one for the M12 frequency inputs + digital I/O connector. Each M12 connector contains pins for 8 channels, and these need to be split into 2 connectors containing 4 channels each, then run into each individual sensor.
- 2 x Autosport Labs 4 Channel Analog / Digital Sensor Splitter. One for each group of 4 channels off of the Octo Sensor Splitter, this will provide you with a total of 8 M8 3P female connectors for analog sensor inputs.
- 2 x Autosport Labs 4 Channel Analog / Digital Sensor Splitter. Same as above, except for frequency inputs and digital I/O. You can skip one of these if you do not need digital I/O capabilities.
- 2 x Autosport Labs 4 Channel Sensor Extension Cable. These are useful if you wish to locate 4 channel splitters closer to groups of sensors, and minimize or eliminate the need for individual sensor extensions.
- Autosport Labs Sensor Extension Cable. Use these to extend individual sensor lines as necessary.
- Autosport Labs M8 3P Male to Bare Wire Sensor Pigtail. Use these to connect custom sensors that are not equipped with an M8 connector.
- 1 x Autosport Labs CAN1/CAN2 dual CAN Splitter. Used to access CAN Bus 2 in cases where you are connecting an AnalogX, ShiftX3, or bespoke ECU or other CAN accessory. Note that power draw is limited to 1A.
- Autosport Labs CAN Splitter / Y Adapter. Use these to chain CAN devices together on a single bus, in place of a Powered CAN Bus Hub.
- 1 x Autosport Labs Inline 120 ohm CAN Terminator. Required to terminate CAN 2 bus if your equipment does not have a built-in terminator. One will be required for the CAN 1 bus as well if you are not running an OBD port CAN cable, and choose to connect other CAN enabled devices.
- Autosport Labs CAN Extension Cable. Used to extend to CAN devices when necessary.
- Autosport Labs CAN + Power Pigtail for Device. Used to connect ECUs, GCUs, and other CAN bus enabled devices that are not equipped with the necessary M8 4P connector.
You can read more about the Autosport Labs Plug and Play Ecosystem.
Plug and Play Sensors
We carry the following sensors that are compatible with the Autosports Labs Plug and Play Ecoystem:
- Autosport Labs Plug and Play 150 psi / 10 bar Pressure Sensor
- Autosport Labs Plug and Play 2175 psi / 150 bar Pressure Sensor
- Autosport Labs Plug and Play -40 to 150C Linear Temperature Sensor
Cellular Telemetry Version
Please note: We only carry the non-cellular telemetry version of the RaceCapture/Pro Mk4. There is also a version with an optional cellular telemetry module, which you may purchase from us via special order. Please contact us to confirm pricing and availability.
- 25Hz multi-constellation GNSS engine.
- Connectivity via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi radios.
- Built-in 3-axis accelerometer and 3-axis gyro sensors (6-axis IMU).
- Customized channel configuration.
- Stores up to 32GB of logs via SD card.
- Embedded scripting engine for output control.
Input and Output Channels
RaceCapture/Pro Mk4 offers 25 input and output channels, enough to handle complex logging and control tasks:
- 8 dedicated 0-5v 1KHz analog input channels for measuring sensors or processing input from other devices.
- 4 dedicated 0-5v 1KHz frequency input channels for measuring RPM, wheel speed, or any kind of periodic pulse.
- 4 configurable digital channels, switchable for input or output.
- 3 axis accelerometer module plus 3-axis gyroscope.
- 2 CAN Bus channels for OBD II or custom CAN messaging. Capture up to 40 OBD II channels and 100 CAN channels.
- 25Hz GPS module with external antenna for increased accuracy.
- Onboard Bluetooth and Wi-Fi radios.
- Optional Cellular Telemetry adapters.
Setup and Configuration
Before connecting to and configuring your RaceCapture logger, we highly recommend that you connect it to a Mac or Windows PC via the supplied USB cable, and change the name of the Bluetooth device to something that is unique to you – for example, ‘RCTMK4_JohnSmith’. Set the pairing code to 1234.
You will find this option in the RaceCapture app under Wireless -> Bluetooth -> Advanced. You can download the RaceCapture app from Autosport Labs.
|Dimensions||150 x 85 x 30mm (5.9 x 3.35 x 1.18in)|
|Temperature Range||-40 to 85c|
|Environmental||Connectors: IP67 / enclosure IP51|
|Weight||255g (12 oz)|
|Power Consumption (max)||Main System: 0.6W|
Made in the USA
The RaceCapture/Pro Mk4 is designed, built and tested by the team at Autosport Labs, with a production facility located in Washington state. You can learn more about the RaceCapture/Pro Mk4, as well as receive support, by visiting www.autosportlabs.com.