Please note that the Megajolt systems are currently out of stock in the United States, but we do have stock in Canada for our local customers. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org in order to make a purchase.
Upgrade to Precision, High-Energy, and Tunable Crank-Fired Ignition
Tired of tinkering with the distributor, points, and condenser on your classic vehicle? We’ve got your solution!
The Megajolt/E from Autosport Labs is designed to work with the commonly available Ford EDIS 4,6 or 8 cylinder ignition module. Combined with inexpensive and easy to obtain OEM coil pack(s), trigger wheel and crank sensor, you can realize your engine’s potential at a fraction of the cost of other systems.
Please note: When ordering, specify load sensor type as either MAP (onboard) or TPS (not included). Trigger wheel and trigger sensor are not included
Improvements in the new Megajolt/E MK2
- The new Megajolt/E MK2 has been evolved to add the features you’ve asked for, while making the system more robust and compact:
- Hard Rev Limiter included!
- USB interface for ease of use: No drivers needed for Windows 10; easy to install drivers for previous versions of Windows.
- Status LEDs for RPM and Ignition Advance signals to aid in diagnostics
- Improved and ruggedized power supply and enhanced transient protection on inputs
- More compact: Just 85 x 85mm
- 100% compatible with previous generation Megajolt/E and Megajolt Lite Jr V4 – drops right in!
- 3D ignition mapping: 10×10 ignition advance grid with full linear interpolation smoothing between cells
- On-board 2.5 bar MAP sensor with MAP sensor option (TPS option requires external TPS, not included)
- Dual, on-the-fly switchable ignition configuration
- Analog auxiliary input to further adjust ignition advance
- Four user-defined output switches, which trigger on RPM, Load or Auxiliary input, plus shift light output
- Modern, easy to use, and customizable Windows-based Configuration/Tuning software
- 1000’s of satisfied users worldwide
- Made in the USA
Cylinders supported: 4,6,8 even-fire engines
Hard Rev Limiter: Included
Load Input MAP sensor: (onboard), or external TPS (sold separate)
Auxiliary Input: One aux input for coolant temperature or similar
RPM Range: ~8700 RPM for 4 cylinder; ~7500 for 6 cylinder, ~6500 RPM for 8; limited by the Ford EDIS module
User Outputs: 4 (open collector); RPM or load triggered, 500mA capacity
Shift Light Output: 1 (RPM triggered)
Interface: USB (for tuning)
LED indicators: Power, RPM signal, Ignition Advance Signal
Power consumption: 50mA
In addition to the Ford EDIS module, you will need to supply your own trigger wheel and sensor. It is recommended to use a 1999-2001 Mazda Miata Crank Position Sensor and a ~1998 Ford Mustang Crank Trigger Wheel.
You can learn more and read the installation guide on the Megajolt Wiki Page.
Support for the Megajolt/E can be found on the Autosport Labs forums.